The Semester Alliance gathers 17 major EU networks/organisations/trade unions and 3 national pilot organisations. It is also supported by the Social Platform and the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC).
As a key part of the project, 3 national alliances have been financed to pilot broad, cross-sectoral alliances to engage in the Semester. The 3 National Alliances selected for 2014 are:
|Member State||Coordinator||Contact Details|
|BULGARIA||Anti-Poverty Information Centre, EAPN Bulgaria. Project coordinator, (Douhomir Minev, Chairman) in partnership with the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (CITUB) and the Confederation of Labour “Podkrepa”||EAPN Bulgaria157 A, “Rakovski” str., Sofia 1000; Phone/fax: +359 2 988 54 48; Mobile: + 359 886 419 881; E-mail: email@example.com|
|DENMARK||EAPN Denmark, represented by Per K. Larsen, project manager||EAPN.DK Nyrenberggade 1.Dk-2300 Copenhagen S. Web-site: www.eapn.dk Contact Person: Per K Larsen; Phone: +45 2328 4480; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|IRELAND||EAPN Ireland, represented by Robin Hanan, Director||EAPN Ireland, Equity House, Upper Ormond Quay, Dublin 7, Ireland. Website: www.eapn.ie; Phone: +353 (0)1 8745737; E-mail: email@example.com|
The 3 national alliances aim to pilot a broad, cross-sectoral joint approach to national collaboration on Europe 2020 through the European Semester, with particular reference to joint engagement in the National Reform Programme (NRP), the Country-Specific Recommendations (CSRs) and proposals to the Annual Growth Survey (AGS).
The 3 national organizations selected as national coordinators will develop pilot national alliance actions involving a broad range of organisations including social, environmental/climate and/or other sectors in the 3 selected Member States, including national members of the Alliance.
The national coordinators will form/consolidate a national alliance of organisations within social and other sectors to engage with the Semester till December 2014. The pilot alliances will build on preexisting cooperation at the national level but will also extend this collaboration to other actors and other sectors, particularly national members of the Semester Alliance EU members.
- Launch of a National Alliance action with broad group of stakeholders.
- Organization of regular national alliance meetings.
- Participation of 4 members of the Alliance in Capacity Building Workshop organized by the EU Alliance in Brussels on the 6th June.
- Coordinated joint input and review of the National Reform Programmes and assessment monitoring of the Country-Specific Recommendations and making joint proposals on the CSRs.
- Short national report capturing work and findings.
- Contribution to the EU level report/Questionnaire and interview.
- National Advocacy Event.
- Participation in EU Advocacy Event (in October/to be confirmed).
- Meetings with National Governments and other key actors, including European Semester Officers.
- Development of a short Communication Action Plan.
- Evaluation report carried out according to agreed framework.