Bulgaria, Denmark and Ireland are the countries which the Semester Alliance members have identified as the 3 national-pilot members and whose aim is to carry out cross-sectoral joint work at national level on the European Semester, to achieve social, sustainable and equality policy outcomes. National pilots represent an added value for the Semester Alliance, bringing to it the national perspective. The EU Alliance for a democratic, social and sustainable European Semester (EU Semester Alliance) is a broad coalition bringing together 15 major European civil-society organisations and trade unions, representing thousands of member organisations on the ground at European, national and local levels in the European Union.
In addition, in order to get direct national perspective and contribute to its goals, the Semester Alliance also includes 3 national-pilot alliances, whose objective is to ‘pilot’ a broad, cross-sectoral joint approach to national collaboration on Europe 2020 through the European Semester, with particular reference to joint engagement in the National Reform Programme (NRP), the Country-Specific Recommendations (CSRs) and proposals to the Annual Growth Survey (AGS).
The 3 national organizations selected as national coordinators, have started to develop pilot national-alliance actions involving a broad range of organisations including social, environmental/climate and/or other sectors in the 3 selected Member States, including national members of the Alliance.
|Member State||Coordinator||Contact Details|
|BULGARIA||Anti-Poverty Information Centre, EAPN Bulgaria.
Project coordinator, (Douhomir Minev, Chairman) in partnership with the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (CITUB) and the Confederation of Labour “Podkrepa”.
157 A, “Rakovski” str., Sofia 1000
Phone/fax: +359 2 988 54 48; Mobile: + 359 886 419 881
|DENMARK||EAPN Denmark, represented by Per K. Larsen, project manager.||EAPN.DK Nyrenberggade 1.
Dk-2300 Copenhagen S. Web-site: www.eapn.dk
Contact Person: Per K Larsen
Phone: +45 2328 4480
|IRELAND||EAPN Ireland, represented by Robin Hanan, Director.||EAPN Ireland,
Equity House, Upper Ormond Quay, Dublin 7, Ireland.
Phone: +353 (0)1 8745737
The national coordinators will form/consolidate a national alliance of organisations within social and other sectors to engage with the Semester from now till December 2014. It is expected that the pilot alliances will build on pre-existing cooperation at the national level, but use the project funding support to extend this collaboration to other actors and other sectors, particularly national members of the Alliance.
- Launch of a National Alliance action with broad group of stakeholders.
- Organization of regular national alliance meetings.
- Participation of 4 members of the Alliance in Capacity Building Workshop organized by the EU Alliance in Brussels on the 6th June.
- Coordinated joint input and review of the National Reform Programmes and assessment monitoring of the Country-Specific Recommendations and making joint proposals on the CSRs.
- Short national report capturing work and findings.
- Contribution to the EU level report/Questionnaire and interview.
- National Advocacy Event.
- Participation in EU Advocacy Event (in October/to be confirmed).
- Meetings with National Governments and other key actors, including European Semester Officers.
- Development of a short Communication Action Plan.
- Evaluation report carried out according to agreed framework.